THANK YOU NSFAS… FOR NOTHING

For two years, NSFAS has brought nothing but pain and misery in my life. I view myself as a failure because I can’t pursue my dream. My peers are now on their third year of study in higher education, others on their final years because they were lucky to be accepted at first application.

Last year 2021, I was accepted in the University of South Africa under Diploma in Law. But then my registration got cancelled after failing to pay the minimum fee of R4,000. NSFAS denied me funding after my application status being on “Funding Eligible” for some time. So, I spent the whole year trying to look for a job, but no luck.

This year 2022, I am again accepted at UNISA for Diploma in Public Relations. Well, I changed the course because I thought they were not funding students who applied for Law but again this year I was denied funding.

For two months my application status being on “Evaluation”, for months trying to gain access to my portal but it ended on telling me “Unsuccessful” apparently due to missing documents. They did not even tell me what those missing documents were!

I waited for appeal application process to open so that I could submit my appeal and the “missing documents”, but the appeal option was never available on my portal. I kept trying and it kept on denying me access and when it did, the appeal option was not there.

By the look of things, it’s just a matter of time before I receive that cancellation of 2022 application from UNISA because I cannot afford the minimum registration fee they require.

I think it is time that NSFAS as a funding aid takes into consideration the many applicants that are applying for the funding in time to make sure that their system handles the high traffic. They must also make sure that their contact numbers are available for assistance at all times. In that way, they can avoid ruining people’s lives who want nothing but a better future.

So, here we go again! Another year, another miserable year of job hunting with no luck! THANK YOU NSFAS FOR NOTHING!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MAYBE YOU ARE YOUR OWN ENEMY

I GAVE UP

“I DON’T LOVE YOU AND I NEVER DID”