Why?

Some people are too quick to judge, don’t worry about them. No matter what you do, they will find a way to judge you in any way they wish.

And this reminds me of you.

After they heard what you did, they started judging you, bad-mouthing you while at the same time pretending to care about you.

Some went to an extent of calling you a coward, being selfish and ignorant. But I know that many who were in your position, would have understood what you were going through.

I for one have seen your pain, and I know how much you tried reaching out to as many people as you could, especially your family, but we ignored you, told you about our own problems and turned a blind eye on you. I know how much you tried keeping your head up, for your daughter’s sake, but the burden also kept piling and you couldn’t stand it anymore.

Today I am in deep thought: maybe, by our deeds, we all wanted you to give up. Remember that it has been long since we had a gathering at home. Your family members are scattered all over the country and even outside, and they can’t even help each other.

Why did he do it? Why did he do it in front of her daughter? He should have called, maybe we were going to figure out something! He just brought a curse to the family!

I just had a glimpse of what they were saying about you last week at your funeral.

That was bullshit! I know that many times you tried to reach out. How long have you tried to talk to them about helping you find a job? How long have you called your elder sisters to assist you with your daughters’ clothes? Anyway, I am furious because they keep saying nonsensical things after they failed you.

Well, you remember how one night you and your daughter slept without eating because you had no food? Things were different, but from the day they heard that you are dead, your aunts have been cooking saucy foods with those big three-legged pots. No one has slept without food since then. How I wish they had given you that food, maybe you would still be here.

Your little girl has been well-dressed. Very nice clothes. She has not walked naked around the yard like she used to when you were still here. She is given everything she wants. Remember your elder sister, the one who is loaded with money? She took her to live with them in their big house.

Oohhh, perhaps there is something much bigger here. Now I see what you did, you wanted the best for your daughter such that you sacrificed yourself for her. You knew things would change for the better and she would be well taken care of once you do what you eventually did. Clever boy! You are a brave father! You got it, you got what you wanted. I salute you!

Anyway, Rest well my friend, I will meet you on the other side! Tell my mother I miss her.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

MAYBE YOU ARE YOUR OWN ENEMY

I GAVE UP

“I DON’T LOVE YOU AND I NEVER DID”