MY FIRST TIME ATTENDING A MEETING IN THE CITY

I couldn't believe it when I got an email about a very important meeting I had to attend in the city of high-rise buildings and notoriety. It was my first time attending any meeting. What made this meeting interesting was because it was in the city.

See, being from the rural areas, you feel like you have made it in life when you are travelling to the city. So, I woke up early, prepared myself and took the early morning bus.

Although the meeting was in the afternoon hours, I wanted to arrive early. I’ve always told myself that if you want to make a good impression, best be early.

As I was arriving in the meeting venue, I noticed that the building I was in was very tall, just like the ones I saw since I arrived. I didn't know whether to knock on the big door or what, but I was so confused on what to do.

"I don't want to embarrass myself, let me wait a bit, maybe someone will come out", I said silently pretending to be busy with my phone. In a few minutes, a middle-aged tall man entered the building and I followed him.

When I reached the desk of the security personnel inside, I told them I was going to the 10th floor, so they showed me the elevators. I rushed to get in with the man I had been following so that he could assist me, and he did. I got off at my section and proceeded inside the hall where the meeting would be held.

When I entered the hall, I rushed to pick a seat close to one of the big transparent windows. I immediately fell in love with the spot. Although I was scared of looking down, I was so curious to see what was happening outside. I could see people moving up and down and I wondered if they were seeing me.

The meeting started, we introduced ourselves and we got to know each other. The panellists began their presentations one by one.

Although I was listening attentively, with a pen in my hand and my notebook wide open and ready to write, my attention was taken by the big white thing, more like a mat or something, that was showing pictures in front of me. "How are they doing this", I wondered.

I then took a look at the tables we were seated at, I looked at the door, looked back at the tables and I also wondered how they got in since the doors looked smaller than them.

 "I’m going to tell my mother about this", I quietly said with a smile on my face. "Town things are strange," I thought to myself.

If there’s anything that interests me with meetings, it’s food. The food was delicious, and everything was a dream come true, but I couldn't wait to reach home and tell my mother everything about my day and the meeting.

After five hours, all of which seemed short because of the non-ending amazement, the meeting ended. It was very educational, and people had warmly welcomed me. I don't know whether because I was from the rural areas or because I was going to be part of their team, and thus viewed my addition as a positive one, but either way I didn't care and was happy to be here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MAYBE YOU ARE YOUR OWN ENEMY

I GAVE UP

“I DON’T LOVE YOU AND I NEVER DID”