HOW I BEGAN MY 2023

Just by looking at the above statement, I am sure your mind is trying to bring back some of your memories of your whereabouts on New Year’s Eve, and your heart beats faster knowing that you might regret some of the things you did during those final few hours on the 31st.. Others might be wishing they could go back to that day and enjoy it all over again because of the enjoyment and happiness they experienced.

Well, I am not here to be judgmental on what one did on the midnight of 31st of December 2022, though it would have been great to hear people’s stories in this regard! The drama, the chaos, the juicy stories, the things one wish they should not have done and all of that, yes, I wish to hear it all.

My 2023 began at Sihhohhweni, a place located in the Manzini region, eSwatini/Swaziland. It is a greenly rural area, especially in summer, surrounded by purely beautiful green mountains. One of those mountains is the famous Mdzimba mountain.

This is a community where farming and livestock rearing is a way of life. They plant different types of organic foods including Swaziland’s stable food, maize. They also have different livestock, from chicken to cows. They even slaughtered a chicken for me, too bad the maize meal wasn't ripe to eat.

In as much as it sounds like pure rural areas, they do have some basic needs of life, like electricity and running water. Nature provided them with natural water through the mountains.

Well, is it possible that time can be determined by natural selection? Well, Sihhohhweni residents' time is determined by helicopters. Funny, isn't it? "It is now 11:00am", jokingly said one when a helicopter was passing by.

As my visitation was smoothly running, my boyfriend showing me great places and meeting his friends, I also discovered a lot about him.

He is a musician and "Sgacamabhande" is his name. He is a great cook and a great dancer. "Meselani dance" is the dance that melted my heart. First time seeing it, I fell in love with it.

So that is how I began my 2023. As much as a lot happened, I was hurt when my first born washed my always dirty Converse sneakers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MAYBE YOU ARE YOUR OWN ENEMY

I GAVE UP

“I DON’T LOVE YOU AND I NEVER DID”