MY STREET LIFE: COLD WINTER MISERIES


It is half past four in the morning. I can tell it is early because I can hear the first train that is always leaving for the big city I wish to visit one day. The train is my alarm, it wakes me up so that I can go and search for the best spot to find food with just little begging.

The night was long due to the cold rain. I feel so cold even now because my jacket has so many holes that bring in the cold, and is no longer helping me the way it used to. I guess it is time for me to go back and search for another one on the rubbish-bin, where most people dispose of their unwanted clothes. It was a special jacket, warm and always kept me warm through every winter cold.

Every day is a miserable day for me because it is unpredictable on what I will face. Yesterday it was the worst day because a group of bullies invaded my space and took everything I worked for but today I am hoping for the best since I have to hustle either way.

Life on the streets is not easy; we have to do what we have to do in order to survive. We come across many people who judge us without knowing our reasons of being there. We see many people with their happy families and silently wish we also had that type of life. Some passers-by tend to call us with all the bad names they can get, but who are we to say them back?!

But how did I even get here, you may ask? I had a happy family, before I became what you see today. My mother was the most caring and loving mother anyone could wish for. My father, oh what a soul he was, always making sure we were safe and protected and well fed but all of that vanished in a twinkle of an eye. Being the only child at home made me a bit naughty – perhaps even more – because I knew whatever I wanted I would get.

Life changed dramatically after my parents got involved in a car accident. Everything we had suddenly became nothing but long lost fantasy. After their funeral, their properties were split by the members of their families without leaving me anything. I became homeless, my dreams never came true. I had no one to cry to and had nothing to rely on. They say blood is thicker than water but today I hate my family because they never showed any sympathy and love towards me. They took everything that rightfully belonged to me.

Duty calls, let me rush to my spot before someone takes it. I cannot afford to sleep without eating yet again, like yesterday.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MAYBE YOU ARE YOUR OWN ENEMY

I GAVE UP

“I DON’T LOVE YOU AND I NEVER DID”